Sunday 23 November 2014

Review: Maybelline Colour Elixir

Recently, I've seen a review of these and for some reason they really caught my eye! I'd never had a elixir type product before so trying these out was a real eye opener for me. 

First of they are glossy, which I love! The feeling on the lips isn't at all sticky but neither will it slide of your lips within 30 minutes of wear. It's just got the right about of "stick" for the product to stay put without feeling sticky. 

As for the colour payoff, amazing! This is literally like a liquid lipstick, it has very pigmented rich colour. Even when the glossiness has worn away you are left with the colour almost like a stain on the lips. 

Now I'm not sure if this product is supposed to do this but after I take my makeup off along with this my lips feel so soft and plump, almost like I'd worn a lip balm. 

Overall, this Colour Elixir gives you the shine of a lip gloss, the colour pigmentation of a lipstick and the care and moisture of a lip balm. 

The shades I have so far are 710 Rose Redefined and 725 Caramel Infused

Left to right in the image.

No doubt I will picking up more shades, these have become fast become "go to" lip products.

Em x 

No comments: